2010年7月26日月曜日

July 26, 2010

Well, Today was pretty interesting. The kids I felt are absolutely crazy this week, even though we only ended up getting one new kid in our room. There are a bunch of new kids in camp though and I feel it created some chaos. Altogether though the day was going by really quick with going to the gym and the library even though it was crazy hot. I thought. This isn’t bad for a Monday. And then of course it started sucking because Julie and I freaking left a dumb kid at the library. The only time out of ever we don’t do a stupid head count and that is the time a kid chooses to wander off to the bathroom for like 20 minutes without telling us. So he comes meandering out I guess after our group and another group had left. At least the leaders were still there or they went back to get him. I’m not exactly sure. Totally our bad and we felt/still feel aweful. I mean how horrible of leader are we, totally forgetting a kid. I really dislike Chandler even more than I kind of did before though now. He is just really annoying and doesn’t ever listen so it doesn’t surprise me that he would pull something like this. I don’t know. It just sucked in general. But I guess it could have been worse. Like if he was lost for good or something. Whatever. Never letting that kid do anything ever again. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until after work. I tried to get tickets for Lion King this sat, but all the tickets at Lawsons that I wanted were sold out, and I still can’t figure out how to order them online. So I need to do that like tomorrow or fork out an extra 30 dollars to go see lion king, which is what I will probably end up doing. Sigh. But my hostel for this weekend is all booked so I get to stay in Tokyo no matter what holla! Paige’s mom adopted all of us counselors for dinner today and made us Lasagna. It was amazing! Lasagna with cheesy garlic bread, root beer, and cream pie for dessert. What could possibly be better??? Paige is so cute, although a little creepily attached to Mr. Buzz. She told me today that she wishes Buzz and I could take her to a far away land like California where we could have a big swimming pool and I could be the mommy and he could be the daddy. She actually called me mama a couple of times today and I was like woah dude. Need to call me Jasmine. She is so sweet though. She was telling Lauren that she wouldn’t want to be in any other room because she thought I was the best and she would cry if they tried to move her to a different room because she loved me and wanted me to be her friend. I definitely teared up and Lauren and Jenny laughed at me a little bit lol. But being with Paige tonight outside of the center setting just made me want to have a little girl of my own. She showed me her room and we played barbies for a little bit while the others looked at her sister Kayla’s wii. Such a good night. Although near the end it started to pour more than I have ever seen it rain ever anywhere. Absolutely crazy coming down in sheets and sheets! In the 2, 3 block walk home I was completely drenched from head to toe and on the walk home I was walking through some huge puddles up to my knees almost and had to take my flip flops off so they wouldn’t slip away. I also had to wipe my eyes every few seconds so I could see where I was going. On top of that, it was the first cold rain I’ve experience while here. Felt kind of nice, but not in the quantity that it was rapidly falling on top of my poor wet head. The lightening and thunder was crazy close and scary though. In Kyoto this last weekend I know a bolt of lightening literally struck the ground right inbetween Tanner and Ryan. That is just so scary. When Karly and Tanner met us in Osaka they were like freaking out about it. Nuts!!! Glad that didn’t happen, but still scary. Praying for no scary dreams tonight!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿