2010年7月15日木曜日

July 15, 2010



Today was amazing!!!!! We went on a fieldtrip to Fugi Safari Park, which was pretty much the most incredible thing ever. Before we left, there were issues with the busses though. The last couple of weeks we have had less kids than this week, so there were way more kids, and then the same amount of busses. There were two busses, and way too many kids. I guess here it is legal to sit three to a seat when there were not enough seats. So two groups of our kids had to sit three to a seat because there were not enough seats. I think that was extremely poor planning and it was dumb, but at least they let all of us ggo this week unlike last week. I gave the kids who sat three to a seat little prizes so that they wouldn’t feel bad for having to sit like that. But the park was extremely amazing. We got in these huge busses that were animal themed and had cages on the side. That way the animals could come up to us and stuff. It was incredible. The zoo was like a literal safari. We drove through and the animals were coming literally up to the bus. I got some crazy incredible pictures. The best part of the field trip was that it was about an hour and a half that the kids were caged in and sitting down so I didn’t have to constantly run after them and chase them. It was incredible. It was really interesting seeing deer in a zoo. They are so common near where I live, that it never even occurred to me that they wouldn’t be common here and would be in a zoo. The kids were so incredibly amazing with everything that was in the park. The coolest picture I got was probably this awesome one of a tiger yawning. I think that is going to end up being the background on my computer. Another great thing about the cage was that it was easy to take awesome pictures through unlike when it is through glass and stuff. One super unique thing was that we got to feed the camels while we were on the bus. We put in into this little slot thing and then tipped it and the camels came right up to the bus. I didn’t know that camel heads were so huge! After we did that all of us had lunch, which was when Wendy, the new Ted basically chose to throw a hissy fit and be very unprofessional. She lectured Karly in front of the kids and was rude to everyone and took the food away before the kids had gotten a chance to get seconds. It was kind of annoying, but I was having an extremely good day, and so I didn’t really pay attention to it. It got so bad today with Wendy that we are currently having a staff meeting about it as I am writing this blog. I just had such a great day though. Ok, so when we first left on the bus within five minutes Justin was crying. He couldn’t undo his seatbelt or something to go to the bathroom, and so rather than asking, he sat and cried and wouldn’t talk to us for like fifteen minutes. Immediately after that, Paige was going to the bathroom and shut her had in the door. It actually looked really bad and so she was freaking out and bleeding. I was like, sigh. This is going to be an extremely long day. But it really wasn’t like that at all. On the bus on the way here another thing that really surprised me was that one kid, Roo who is nine ended up on the bus with all of our younger, room 2 kids. He was asking me if I had watched Nightmare on Elm Street. What parents would let their nine year old kid watch that kind of stuff. I asked him to make sure, and then he started talking about other violent and inappropriate movies like that. It’s like no wonder these kids are so unbehaved. Or unwell behaved. I’m not sure how that word would be. Whatever it is, it is definitely how it is. After we ate lunch, our kids went to try and find the petting zoo and other animal stuff. There wasn’t really a petting zoo and stuff that we ended up getting to, but we did get to pet kangaroos. That was probably like the coolest thing of my life. The fur of it was so soft, and I loved it. When I was petting this one kangaroo, he started eating my map of the park that I was holding. Lol. We didn’t get to do much more than that because all of our kids had to go to the bathroom at once of course, and so we spent like half an hour at the bathroom. Nikolas of course threw quite a few fits. One of them was really bad and I ended up getting him to calm down eventually. I made him eat the final snack before we left alone and then walk up and apologize to a couple of the counselors and Ryan. Take that little Nikky. Cute sad fake crying Nikky. Oh and almost forgot that on the way there on the bus guess what movie I had to watch for a fourth week in a row…..Cars! Ah. For goodness sake. I definitely don’t ever want to see that movie again. It is like the best movie ever, but I really don’t want to see it again anytime soon. The kids ewe at the same part every single stinking time lol. The other movie we watched was Bee Movie, which is stinking awesome. I’ve always wanted to see it. Tonight after work Karly, Julie, and I walked to the Daiei, which is a brand of the 100 yen store. It was AMAZING! This was the biggest one we’ve been to and I completely went to town there. I mean everything was amazing. I got stuff for friends, family, myself, etc. I just don’t even understand how everything is always so awesome in Japan. They just know where its at man. The 100 yen store was on the third floor of the building, the second floor was a clothing store, and the first floor was a market. The market and the clothing store weren’t a 100 yen store. At the clothing store, I got this really cute shirt/scarf/sweater set. I love how here everything that comes together isn’t attached. That’s the way it should be in the US. In the market the Hi-Chu’s which are these amazing candies, were only 88 yen, and so we were like heck yeah, lets get some. Also when we were in the market, we found sake bottles for only 265 yen, and it ended up coming with a sake glass. How cool is that! The one Juanita bought without the glass was about 12 dollars at that spa, so I felt like it was an amazing deal! Definitely going to end up getting that for some people for souvenirs. I also got while I was there a cocktail in a can, since that is like the coolest thing ever, and I haven’t had anything alcoholic in weeks, so its not bad that I wanted something. It was crazy. Like a peach mixed drink for 88 cents in a can. Cool. It is totally socially acceptable to drink while walking down the streets in Japan. But anyways. I’m not a drunk or anything, I just had a yummy peach drink. Woot! Great day!!!!! Almost totally forgot. On the way home, this one girl, Thara, was sitting behind me, and I heard her talking about God to Nilanie. I asked her what she was talking about and she told me that her mom told her to talk to people about God whenever they didn't know him. I was so blessed by that. And she kept talking about how Jesus made people new when they were in heaven and stuff. I couldn't believe it. I started crying I was so moved by this little six year old girl. Anyways, peace out.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿