2010年8月18日水曜日

August 18, 2010 aka Dessert Fest

Today was a really good day. I had so much fun with my kids, although most of the day was spent rehearsing for Dessert Fest. Tink and I also started construction for our boat today. On Friday, every room is going to put our boats into the water and the counselors are going to paddle the boats. That will be really interesting, so we’ll see how that goes. Lol. I am probably going to end up sinking our boat or something, but ya never know. I did really good the whole day not crying also. We didn’t do closing, since we were rehearsing, so that probably had something to do with how good I did not crying. Today was our very last day at the pool. It is so incredibly weird. Although the pool is a hassle two times a week, I have loved taking the kids there. They are just so cute. Today I played with them all as much as possible and took some pictures. End of an era as Mr. Prince Charming would say. After work that day we all scurried and got ready for dessert fest, which started at six. Dessert Fest is where all of the parents of our kids come bearing awesome desserts and watch the kids perform songs and skits they learned throughout the summer. It was so incredibly awesome. Our kids in our room 2 performed Peanut Butter Recees Cup and the Chewing Gum Skit. They did such a good job, and I was so proud. But Sara, who was the main part in the Chewing Gum Skit unfortunately got there like two minutes after we had started and so we had replaced her. The poor thing was like bawling and couldn’t even do the rest of the skit. We got her added to another room’s skit, but I felt so bad. At the end of dessert fest, all the kids lined up onto the stage and we sang The World’s Greatest. It was so cute when all the kids were doing the sign language to it, but the stupid cd kept skipping. That’s the first time I’ve had to do that acappella since we had to turn off the cd eventually. After everything, all the parents, kids, and us watched a slide show of our summer. I started bawling during it. I’m going to miss my kids so much. After the slide show while everyone was getting dessert, Nikolas’s mom pulled me aside and told me how much I meant to Nikolas. How he talks about me all the time and always wants me to come over and be with him, and how much he is going to miss me. She thanked me for meaning so much to him this summer and asked if I was going to come back to this site next summer. I told her no, but I said how much I loved having Nikolas in class and how much I would miss him. I completely lost it after that and had to leave the room. I love him so much, and hearing that from his mom meant more to me than I can say. Out of all the kids, Nikolas is the one that has meant the most to me this summer, so to know for sure that I have impacted him that much made me bawl. I want to keep him and take him with me, and it absolutely kills me to know that I will never ever see him again. Maybe one day I will look him up on facebook or something. I say his full name so many times a day its not like any amount of time passing is going to make me forget it lol. The magnitude of the fact that I will really never see them again is like too much for me to think about. I just love Nikolas and Jaquin ( and others) so much.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿